Harwich Runners 24 Hour
Saturday 3rd June 2017 12:00 start
Ever thought of running for 24 hours? Maybe as part of a team? How far can you run / walk / jog in 24 hours?
Midday start on the 3rd June 2017
Entry includes -
- 2.5 mile off road course
- Chip timing and results screen
- Camping for 2 nights on grass without electric hookup, electric and additional nights available
- Full campsite facilities
- An international event with competitors from across Europe
- Food available throughout the 24 hours
- Solo Runners - £30.00
- Pairs - £50.00 (£25)
- Teams of 3 - 8 £25 per runner
If you withdraw before the 1st of May 2017 a part refund is available (75%). To claim your refund you must contact me before the 1st of May 2017. If for any reason HR24 does not go ahead we will refund 100%
Race Pack, Registration
- We do not send anything out in the post. Race numbers & timing chips, will be issued at the registration desk in the race village from 8.00am Saturday morning.
- A team representative can register on behalf of the whole team - ID will be required. It is not necessary for all team members to register individually. The team captain is responsible for ensuring team members are registered.
Friday 2nd June;
- 13:00 Course will start to be marked out.
- From 14:00 Campsite opens. (Please be aware you only get 2 nights free, you can pay for extra nights)
- 16:00 Village and Start/Finish area gets built.
Saturday 3rd June;
- 8:00 Registration opens
- 9:00 Catering 1 opens
- 11:30 Registration Closes
- 11:45 Called to the start area, for a race briefing
- 12:00 Race starts
- 17:30 Catering 1 closes
- 18:00 Catering 2 opens
- 19:30 Head torches to be worn
- 21:00 Noise must be kept to a minimum
Sunday 4th June;
- 6:30 Runners may stop using head torches
- 8:00 Noise restrictions lifted
- 10:00 Catering 2 closes and Catering 1 opens
- 11:00 Final hour starts
- 12:00 Race finishes, anyone who is still on course that lap will not count
- 13:30 Prize giving
- 14:00 Start to de rig the course and Village.
Race Village facilities
- Toilets - Serviced toilets are available in the race village.
- Showers - Hot showers are available 24 hours a day next to the Race Village
- Drinking water - there is a drinking water supply next to start/finish area plus the toilet area.
- Waste disposal - is in the toilet area.
- First aid - Will be based close to the start and finish.
Harwich Runners held a 24 hour event over new years eve 1999. This was before the days of high power headtorches so the course was marked at night with candles! Club members and friends took part as a team compleating varying distances upto and beyond a standard marathon. More recently a number of club members have run in ultra marathons and 24 hour events...