#1 08-06-2011 08:00:09

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

Harwich Runners Camping Weekend 2011 (10th-12th June) - Information

It's weird to think that another Harwich Runners camping weekend is almost upon us. We know it is imminent because, after nearly 4 months of drought, it started raining this week. I shall say no more on that subject.

For those of you who did not make it to the club night last night or won't be attending the 5K series on Thursday, I have emailed the whole membership these details which includes a PDF containing information about the forthcoming weekend. If you have any questions, then please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

For the Saturday evening BBQ, please bring your own BBQs as the campsite does not have any! Disposable BBQs are fine but just remember they need to be raised off the ground so you might want to pack a couple of bricks. Food is always shared out and we normally have far too much to go round.

We will have specific activities for the children as usual this year, with Sam and Claire kindly offering to arrange some games on Saturday afternoon at the campsite. Also, Miranda has again courageously agreed to take the children out on her, now infamous, late night forest walks - but this year with a Pirates theme...so please make sure your children pack their Pirate dressing up gear for some fun and surprises along the way! I know Emily can't wait for that!

Finally just a reminder that ALL members are very welcome to attend events during the day or in the evening. Even if you're not staying the weekend why not pop in and see us? It's only 40 minutes from Harwich.

Cheers and here's to a great weekend!

Gary

Board footer