#1 03-11-2008 20:32:21

Becky McCorquodale
Harwich Runner

XC Shoe Exchange

Just a thought (yeah I know.....careful!!tongue)....as we have quite a few new members who are thinking about giving xc a go and don't have any suitable shoes for it-does anyone have any spare pairs of spikes/studs that they could lend them 'til they decide whether they like it or not (and invest in their own)?

I have a couple of pairs that I can kick the list off with...
Inov-8 Flyroc 330s (not bad grip-survived the mud and seaweed of Cross The Bay!)
Salomon Pro XD trail shoes (not wonderful, but better than road shoes for getting round a muddy course)
Both are unisex models (ie not bubblegum pink!) and would fit a size 8.

Anyone wanting to borrow them, let me know....smile

#2 07-11-2008 19:07:40

Elspeth Knott
Harwich Runner

Re: XC Shoe Exchange

Great idea. We (Graeme) have a pair of size 9 spikes, for loan. Spikes slightly bent, but be careful they're very fast and "run on water". Ask Peter and Paula if you want to know where that comes from.

#3 19-11-2008 21:41:48

Anna Anderson
Harwich Runner

Hi, I have a pair of size 6 ladies Mizuno running x country spikes - only worn once for a training session they where just too big. I tore my calf and by the time I heal it was too late to return them. I can bring them to the club if anyone wants to try them out.  (Perfect condition)

#4 24-11-2008 13:08:23

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

I have some Nike spikes and a pair of New Balance fell running shoes size 8.5 if anyone wishes to use them at Halstead this Sunday. After the snows of this weekend and the impending rain you are DEFINITELY advised to wear spikes/fellrunners at Halstead - great fun but just possibly the muddiest course of the season. I remember watching someone come to a rapid halt and then slide sedately down a hill there - and it was simply 'cos they'd been trying to run in road shoes - which by this time resembled those fashionable clogs worn by Boris Karloff in the Frankenstein films. Nice!

Board footer