#1 28-12-2010 20:25:44

Steve Tatum

Garmin Forerunner 305 - Help..

Hello all ...

Santa was kind enough to give me a lovely shiny new Garmin Forerunner 305 on Christmas morning..

I charged it for the instructed 5 hours .... I didn`t run on Boxing Day as planned..

I turned it on Boxing day to play with it ... Dead battery in 2 mins !!!

Charged it again yesterday... couldn`t run because of work.

Went for a run today (yaaaaay!!)

Turned it on

Flat battery in 2mins !! 

I`m going to charge it overnight and try in the morning...  in the meantime ... has anyone else with one had problems ... ?

#2 29-12-2010 13:02:25

Becky McCorquodale
Harwich Runner

Re: Garmin Forerunner 305 - Help..

I recently bought a reconditioned 305 and had a similar problem. Although mine wasn't going dead after 2 mins, it was only showing 1 bar on the battery symbol instead of 3 after an overnight charge and it wasn't lasting long before switching itself off! I just persisted with it with several overnight charges, and after 5-6 goes, it now works absolutely fine. Maybe give it a few more tries Steve, and if it still won't play ball, then send it back...

#3 30-12-2010 10:32:58

Steve Tatum

Thanks Becky,

I have charged it and left it on indoors searching for a signal, until the battery runs out and charged it again... This seems to have cured it.

I used it for a run last night   ...and still going strong now ...

Let it run out and overnight charge it is then !

#4 30-12-2010 15:23:30

Miranda Rayner
Harwich Runner

Something else to bear in mind if it happens again is a soft reset that my mate who works for Garmin told me about.
Sometimes they look like they are off but just the screen is so the battery runs flat. If this happens try holding down mode and lap/reset button together for a few secs. Worked on mine and well worth knowing.
Have fun with the new toy Steve!

Board footer