#1 13-11-2009 15:24:06

Peter Gooding
Committee member

Harwich Cross Country - Details for HR members

Hi,
Some last minute instructions for Sundayís race.

Only members of Harwich Runners will be allowed down the lane to park at the farm area where we have been meeting to train on the XC course. The lane, (at the top of Lunnish hill) will close at 9.30, after this time you will have to park at Home Farm, (at the top of the hill) and walk to the start. The lane has to be closed because it is part of the race route for both the junior and senior races. She will not let you down the lane after 9.30 regardless of who you are. Members of other clubs will be turned away and told to park at Home Farm.

If you have not run a 53-12 XC race before here is some general information.

You do not have a race number. You must have club colours. When you finish you will be given a numbered disc. Please hand this to Paula immediately, do not go for a warm down first. It is very important that the disc is handed in as soon as you finish. If you donít know who Paula is, (consider yourself lucky devil ), ask any one else wearing a HR top. I will try to get a HR flag/banner close to where she is standing. At the start Paula and I will have a dustbin sack for you to deposit a top in. We will take the sack to the finish for you to collect your top when the race is over. Please do not leave a full set of clothing with us because with 40 HR runners it makes it very hard to move that amount of clothing from one point to another.

After the race is over please help to clear up, the more helpers we have the sooner we all get home.

Thank you and good luck.
Peter G

Last edited by Peter Gooding (13-11-2009 15:26:37)

#2 15-11-2009 15:06:48

Graeme
Administrator

Re: Harwich Cross Country - Details for HR members

Photo's thanks to Ben (Kates brother), Trudy and Jim are in the gallery
Ramsey XC 09 photo's

#3 15-11-2009 16:33:31

Steve Cooper
Committee member

Well done to everyone involved today. Fantastic organisation and brilliant support, and proof yet again that our club is great. Special thanks to Morton and Trudi for letting us glide/skip/plough through their farm - the course is an old-school gem. For the XC debutants today, congratulations and rest assured that you'll rarely find a tougher course!

#4 15-11-2009 18:05:47

Becky McCorquodale
Harwich Runner

Some excellent photos there...I think it's the mark of a truly tough course when people are snapped pulling serious pain faces when running downhill!! lol A big thank you for all involved in giving up their time yesterday and today with setting up the course, marshalling, manning the teapots etc etc, and like Steve said, to Trudi and Mort for letting us trample their crops once more...

What a start to the season!!! yikes Not bad going for a little club wink

#5 15-11-2009 19:40:28

Peter Gooding
Committee member

The comments are coming in from other clubs:-

Everything seemed very well organised - the clear road signs to the car park, well-marshalled course, very quick team results, good tough course and fine weather.  Thanks to everyone at the club for their contribution.

Interesting course, it seemed much tougher than last year because there was very little break from the plough. Last year it seemed to be just that one stretch, run twice with tracks in between. Certainly a much better test but all our team enjoyed it - even a couple of runners who were new to cross-country.

Last edited by Peter Gooding (15-11-2009 19:41:35)

#6 15-11-2009 23:59:49

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

Wow! Another truly great day for Harwich today - once again showing our amazing little club off at its best - with some wonderful performances on the field(s) and superb organisation behind the scenes to ensure a fantastic start to the XC season - 3rd team in Pool A! I think the new course is faster and better, yet still one of the toughest on the circuit - so well done. Perhaps next year we'll ask Morton to plough some ditches up for us to jump over lol. Thanks to everyone for making it happen and to Roly and Glyn in particular for making it look so seamless.

Also great to see so many Juniors out today representing Harwich as well - another sign of a vibrant and thriving club!

Well done to everyone who ran their 1st XC ever today - hope you enjoyed it and that you will be back for more.

Last edited by Gary Donoghue (16-11-2009 00:02:43)

#7 16-11-2009 13:27:16

Peter Gooding
Committee member

The full results are now on the x-country page, at last. I have really struggled to read some of the lists of runners names supplied by the clubs. Also Colchester Harriers gave me some wrong names against finish positions, which I have tried to sort.
No clubs claimed finish positions 106, 108 and 137, so I assume the runners took the discs home.
Finishers 68 and 70 were the runners from 53-12 who were disqualified for not wearing club colours.

#8 16-11-2009 13:44:58

Terry Smith

From my marshalling point at around 4 miles it looked pretty impressive to see 5 black and white jerseys coming over the hill right near the front and Becky  and Kate well to the fore. A few other club runners cursed "yet another hill " but hey the sun is  shining i replied!!

Regards 

Terry

Last edited by Terry Smith (16-11-2009 13:46:56)

#9 18-11-2009 23:12:33

Anna Anderson
Harwich Runner

I loved the X country and realised this and cycling are the things I look forward to most.  Just wish I was an athlete like Becky and Kate....  See you all at springfield ready for those ditches ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Anna A

Board footer