#1 21-06-2009 21:12:59

Anna Anderson
Harwich Runner

Harwich Tri weekend thread

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on route today giving me loads of encouragement.  Can't believe that I actually did it.....

#2 22-06-2009 11:36:53

Jo Higgon
Harwich Runner

Re: Harwich Tri weekend thread

I would like to congratulate and thank the organisers of the triathlons - Dennis, Diane, Tim, Julie, Graeme, Peter - everyone -  and their teams of helpers.  So much hard work from so many people - what a slick operation - Well Done!  I was proud to be part of it and both days were thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish!  I was particularly proud of a certain person who won the Men's category K on both days - what a star!! x x big_smile

Last edited by Jo Higgon (22-06-2009 11:39:32)

#3 22-06-2009 12:59:01

Graeme
Administrator

Comments received so far.....

"Please pass on my thanks to all involved yesterday with the organising
and running of the race. I thought everything was nicely organised and
made easy for the competitors. A quality t-shirt too! I would definitely
consider coming back next year."

"I took part in the Sprint event on Saturday, this was my first ever event and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just wanted to pass on my thanks to you and everyone involved in the organisation for your hard work in making it all run so smoothly.
Looking forward to next year already!"

"I completed yesterday's sprint event, number 24 the fella with the disability.  It was my first event, and it was great, very friendly and superbly well organised.  I came last by a long way but was happy to finish without walking.  One factor in me not walking on the run was all those competitors overtaking and giving words of encouragement.  I think just about everyone of those guys with the blue tri suits from the harwich club gave words of encouragement.  I wonder if its possible through e mail or if you meet with those guys, that you could thank them for me, it did make a difference.
Thanks to you also for organising such a great event.  I think I'll have another go next year!"

"Thanks for an excellent event."

#4 22-06-2009 13:24:26

Paul Kerrison
Harwich Runner

Yes it was great!!! i collared the 'Warner Bros' on sunday and thanked them both I loved it, my feet didn't lol smile

#5 23-06-2009 11:41:47

Tim Warner
Harwich Runner

If there was an award for who sacrificed most over the weekend, I don't think Dennis or I would get it. That award must surely go to Mark, who was in the fishing boat rescuing swimmers. Mark had a last minute opportunity to go to the British Grand Prix which included: Limousine ride to North Weald airfield; return helicopter flight to Silverstone, Breakfast in the VIP ares, VIP access to the pit area, Champagne lunch and grand stand view. Knowing he was committed to helping the triathlon he desperately tried to contact someone to cover for him but couldn't. He gave it all up. And he loves motor racing!

Quite a guy.

#6 27-06-2009 16:09:40

Graeme
Administrator

Just had this from Witham...

"Firstly, thanks for a great event on Sunday and for adjusting my brakes before the start when i'm sure you were just a bit busy.

Secondly, if you have anyone wanting to do London still, Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity in Chelmsford still have charity places available but paperwork will need to be completed by 29 June. Fund raising of £250 will be needed for the individual event, plus entry, and i'm not sure how much they need for the team event.

This is a very worthy charity doing fantastic work, they have supported some of our members and their families in recent years, they were one of the charities Witham Running Club donated to from our Boxing Day 5 2008.

Please can you mention these places at Harwich or put on your website if possible? Contact Allison or Ann Brown at the charity on 01245 514535.

Many thanks.

David Jobling
Witham Running Club"

Board footer